Belize Jungle Eco-tour - July 3 - Aug 10, 2015
SIGN UP TODAY
The Jungle Eco-tour is set in the dense tropical rainforest of South-West Belize. This is a dream come true adventure, particularly for biologists. (Optional - Learn how to sample the number of organisms in a sub-ecosystem, using three different sampling techniques in Marine and/or Terrestrial environment.) Great field trip knowledge for high school teachers to bring diversity and project based learning to your Biology classroom. Spend five whole days of adventure in the rainforest. Enjoy the biodiversity and the landscape during five extraordinary tours designed to spark your natural instincts. Bring your cameras and binoculars to record the journey. Ideal for bird-watchers. Activities include hiking, sampling, caves, underground streams and more. Take a swim in underground river, opportunity to discover old ruins, see exotic birds and animals in the wild that you never believed you would see with your own eyes. This eco-tour offers a selection of hikes, with knowledgeable guides to help you identify numerous plants and animals of the pristine rainforest. Dip in the refreshing mineral waters from a waterfall at the end of a hike.
Your daily adventures will begin and end the casual elegance of an resort. Start daily with Yoga and Meditation exercise on the beach. At the end of the day, soak in the fresh ocean air indoors or outside by the pool. Take a swim in the warm Caribbean waters or enjoy a tropical cocktail. Dive and Snorkeling equipment available for rent.
Agenda includes field trips. There may be some extra charges for materials during field trips.
Specialty trips include: Cacoa Factory Field Trip. 1) Make chocolate starting from the cacoa pad through the steps to makie edible treats, 2) Cooking classes. Learn how to prepare tasty dishes selected for their popularity among the natives. 3) Deep Sea Fishing.
Island Escape Eco-tour - July17 - 24, 2015
SIGN UP TODAY
Encounter sea turtles, manta rays, monkeys and a kaleidoscope of nature's wonders with this exotic escape to one of Belize's spellbinding tropical islands. Upon arrival at the Belize Airport, you will board a flight to pristine Ambergris Caye then voyage on a scenic boat cruise to the magnificent northern shores of this little island paradise. Stay in an intimate award-winning resort. Enjoy sunset cruise, snorkeling adventure, dining on fresh fruit and seafood, welcoming and attentive staff, private transfers and endless sun. Tour includes activities like scubadiving, jungle safaris, sailing, cave tubing and visits to ancient Mayan ruins.
Explore the reef from the comfort of a boat that can take you to a variety of snorkel sites along the barrier reef on one trip. The weather influences choice of snorkeling sites. On the snorkeling trip to the Northern part of the Southern Barrier Reef, you will encounter a variety of nesting birds like frigates and brown boobies. On the trip, entry and exit are directly from the boat. Ideal trip for agile and experienced snorkelers.
Bring sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, exposure protection gear such as dive skin or T-shirt, windbreaker for wind chill after snorkeling, cameras, binoculars and power bars.
Special activities include tours, 1) Deep sea fishing, 2) Belizean Cuisine Exploration
Note: Please read disclaimer
Eco-tour Notes and Limitations:
- Belizean tour guide accompanies all tours. Come prepared with adequate rain gear and a positive attitude. We cannot control the weather.
- Inclement weather or factors beyond our control may cause trip alterations.
- Bring comfortable hiking shoes, boots, or sneakers for hikes. Open sandals are ideal for resort wear and the beach
- Insect repellent recommended for all inland tours. This is the tropics.
- The national parks of Belize conserves natural habitats for wildlife such as jaguar, tapir (mountain cows), monkeys, snakes and crocodiles. However, there is no guarantee that any specific wildlife will be spotted during the tour.
- Kaya Retreats is not liable for any injury sustain on a tour.
- Eco-tour takes place only on prepared jungle trails.
- Kaya Retreats asks all eco-tour participants to respect and be sensitive of the local culture.
Guaranteed departure – Accommodation, Activities, Transfers, Meals, Fees where indicated as per the itinerary - Local and international traveler assistance during your tour - Specialised and personalised services
Tips - Laundry - Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages unless explicitly noted - Optional activities/extras – Visas (unless noted) - Vacation insurance
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum $250). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure. We accept payment via credit card, certified check, wire transfer or money order.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Cancellations of confirmed bookings 90 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund minus a $350 (per person) administrative fee and any non-refundable paid fees (e.g. non-refundable airfare, cruise or hotel deposits). 60-89 days will be subject to loss of deposit. 30-59 days will be subject to loss of 50% of program price. 29 days or less will be subject to 100% of program price.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in North America with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation.
LIMITED GROUP - SIGN UP TODAY TO SECURE YOUR SPOT